Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting service is associated with depositing and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server handled by a hosting company. There are various categories of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's take a gaze at these. Doing so, you can elect what you need, depending on whether you wish to launch a web page, mail accounts, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by some providers, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages often involve advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular span of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly unsuitable interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allot the load between independent groups of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous web space hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a brand of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some suppliers provide a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you wish to share a big number of pics with pals or partners since the solution is generally free of cost. You will get a random link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to handling your e-mail aliases. Some suppliers provide web page hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an email service. If you desire to create an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can create e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a few videos and a few hundred viewers, you may have difficulty with your web site hosting resources. Embedding the video file will allow you to keep as many videos as you wish without bothering about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to possess a site. To a certain degree, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and emails, upload video files, and so on. At direction-online, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated web server hosting packages that permit you to have all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be limitations depending on the form of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting account may be better or worse compared to the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for particular content exclusively.